Jump to Main Content
- Pallas, B.; Ngao, J.; Saudreau, M.; Costes, E.
- Acta horticulturae 2017 no.1160 pp. 27-34
- Malus domestica; Markov chain; adults; allometry; apples; branching; cultivars; demography; geometry; leaf area; model validation; models; orchards; phyllotaxy; shoots; topology; tree growth; trees
- ... Various models have been developed to predict tree growth and architecture over years, but few of them are capable of simulating 3D geometry development and shoot typology from a pre-existing crown geometry. In this study, we developed an approach for simulating 3D apple tree structure by combining 3D digitizing data with topological rules adapted from MappleT, an existing architectural model. In ...
- Massetani, F.; Pica, F.; Neri, D.
- Acta horticulturae 2017 no.1160 pp. 173-178
- branching; environmental factors; inflorescences; meristems; plant architecture; shoots; stolons; strawberries; topology
- ... Strawberry plant architecture shows some constant features related to its sympodial growth. Variability in plant architecture is related to the position of the vegetative and reproductive structures along its short axis (rosette plant) and is determined by many factors, including abiotic, agronomic, nutritional and environmental factors. Propagation technique provides plant types showing different ...