Jump to Main Content
- Dallabetta, N.; Costa, F.; Giordan, M.; Guerra, A.; Pasqualini, J.; Wehrens, R.; Costa, G.
- Acta horticulturae 2017 no.1160 pp. 19-26
- apples; canopy; color; computer software; cultivars; fruit quality; fruits; growing season; summer; trees
- ... The “Slender Spindle”, one of the most used training systems for apple, was compared with the “Bi-axis”, an innovative training system, to determine their effect on fruit quality and fruit distribution within the canopy on 'Gala' cultivar. Two levels of crop loads were also introduced to observe their effects through chemical and manual thinning. Fruit position in the canopy was monitored during s ...
- Dallbetta, N.; Costa, F.; Guerra, A.; Pasqualini, J.; Giordan, M.; Zorer, R.; Wehrens, R.; George, E.; Magnanini, E.; Costa, G.
- Acta horticulturae 2017 no.1160 pp. 237-244
- Malus domestica; apples; cameras; canopy; color; firmness; fruit quality; fruit set; fruits; ripening; rootstocks; total soluble solids; trees
- ... The correlation of light availability and fruit quality traits for apple fruits (Malus × domestica Borkh.) within the canopy in two training systems, Slender Spindle and Bi-axis, were tested on nine-year-old trees of 'Gala' grafted on M9 rootstock. Three trees were chosen for each training system and twelve fruits from each tree were selected in different canopy positions and labeled after fruit s ...