Jump to Main Content
- Chaves, B.; Salazar, M. R.; Schmidt, T.; Dasgupta, N.; Hoogenboom, G.
- Acta horticulturae 2017 no.1160 pp. 335-340
- apples; cultivars; environmental factors; equations; flowering; fruits; growing season; heat sums; orchards; prediction; statistical models; temperature; trees; Washington (state)
- ... Fruit growth of an individual apples starts after petal and is affected by different environmental factors and orchard and tree management. Prediction of fruit size is critical for management and to prepare for postharvest processing and the logistics. The objective of this study was to develop a model to predict growth of an individual apple fruit as a function of the physiological time using cum ...
- Mezghani, A.; Laaribi, I.; Gaaliche, B.; Mars, M.; Gouta, H.; Zouari, I.; Labidi, F.
- Acta horticulturae 2017 no.1160 pp. 91-98
- Olea europaea; branches; breeding programs; canopy; crossing; cultivars; early development; flowering; fruiting; juveniles; olive oil; seedlings; tree breeding; trees; vigor; Tunisia
- ... The prolonged length of the juvenile period is considered to be the main obstacle for any olive tree breeding program. The knowledge of the moment when the plant starts flowering is important for the breeding program. In Tunisia, a breeding program by controlled crosses of the olive oil cultivar 'Chemlali' was developed and of which some seedling plants began fruiting. Series of standard morpholog ...