Jump to Main Content
- Meszaros, M.; Guedon, Y.; Krska, B.; Costes, E.
- Acta horticulturae 2017 no.1160 pp. 135-140
- Markov chain; apricots; branches; buds; cultivars; flowers; seedlings; shoots; vigor
- ... The nature of axillary production along shoots is one of the main factors influencing both vegetative and reproductive growth in apricot. This study aimed at analyzing the morphology and branching pattern of one-year-old shoots of 'Velkopavlovicka' cultivar in comparison with 'Bergeron'. 'Velkopavlovicka' is a classical, medium vigor, Czech cultivar which has naturally a spherical crown. In twelve ...
- Gouta, H.; Mezghani, A.; Daynouni, A.; Labidi, F.; Bouaza, A.; Tej, A.; Gouiaa, M.
- Acta horticulturae 2017 no.1160 pp. 99-104
- almonds; buds; cultivars; flowers; fruit quality; fruits; genotype; markets; orchards; shoots; trees
- ... The Tunisian almond cultivar 'Achaak' is the most important in terms of market demand and fruit quality but unfortunately it is commonly considered as a low producing genotype. Some observations have indicated that this may be due to the lack of some major technical growing practices. However no much data is available to give a scientific explanation for this problem. The objective of this study i ...