Jump to Main Content
- Massetani, F.; Pica, F.; Neri, D.
- Acta horticulturae 2017 no.1160 pp. 173-178
- branching; environmental factors; inflorescences; meristems; plant architecture; shoots; stolons; strawberries; topology
- ... Strawberry plant architecture shows some constant features related to its sympodial growth. Variability in plant architecture is related to the position of the vegetative and reproductive structures along its short axis (rosette plant) and is determined by many factors, including abiotic, agronomic, nutritional and environmental factors. Propagation technique provides plant types showing different ...
- Lodolini, E. M.; Tarragoni, A.; Ciccolanti, T.; Massetani, F.; Pollastri, L.; Neri, D.
- Acta horticulturae 2017 no.1160 pp. 119-126
- branching; climatic factors; cultivars; flowers; fruit set; olives; orchards; plant architecture; plant density; shoots; trees; Italy
- ... The increase of plant density in new olive orchard systems requires a deeper investigation about plant architecture to understand growth, branching pattern and yield and to select most suitable cultivars. The spatial arrangement of vegetative and reproductive structures helps to explain the fruiting attitude of the plant at different levels: the whole tree, the productive branch and the fruiting s ...