Jump to Main Content
- Meszaros, M.; Guedon, Y.; Krska, B.; Costes, E.
- Acta horticulturae 2017 no.1160 pp. 135-140
- Markov chain; apricots; branches; buds; cultivars; flowers; seedlings; shoots; vigor
- ... The nature of axillary production along shoots is one of the main factors influencing both vegetative and reproductive growth in apricot. This study aimed at analyzing the morphology and branching pattern of one-year-old shoots of 'Velkopavlovicka' cultivar in comparison with 'Bergeron'. 'Velkopavlovicka' is a classical, medium vigor, Czech cultivar which has naturally a spherical crown. In twelve ...
- Mezghani, A.; Gouta, H.; Zouari, I.; Laaribi, I.; Labidi, F.; Annabi, K.; Ghribi, M.; Bouaza, A.
- Acta horticulturae 2017 no.1160 pp. 159-164
- Olea europaea; alternate bearing; branches; canopy; cultivars; flowers; mature plants; olives; reproductive behavior; shoots; tree yields; trees; vegetative growth
- ... The olive tree is a well-known alternate-bearing species. Because of competition between vegetative growth and fruit development processes, a high yield year is generally followed by a low yield year. In order to elucidate this phenomenon, the patterns of vegetative growth and the reproductive behavior were studied on three fruit bearing trees (on trees) and three non-bearing trees (off trees) of ...