Jump to Main Content
- Mezghani, A.; Gouta, H.; Zouari, I.; Laaribi, I.; Labidi, F.; Annabi, K.; Ghribi, M.; Bouaza, A.
- Acta horticulturae 2017 no.1160 pp. 159-164
- Olea europaea; alternate bearing; branches; canopy; cultivars; flowers; mature plants; olives; reproductive behavior; shoots; tree yields; trees; vegetative growth
- ... The olive tree is a well-known alternate-bearing species. Because of competition between vegetative growth and fruit development processes, a high yield year is generally followed by a low yield year. In order to elucidate this phenomenon, the patterns of vegetative growth and the reproductive behavior were studied on three fruit bearing trees (on trees) and three non-bearing trees (off trees) of ...
- Lodolini, E. M.; Tarragoni, A.; Ciccolanti, T.; Massetani, F.; Pollastri, L.; Neri, D.
- Acta horticulturae 2017 no.1160 pp. 119-126
- branching; climatic factors; cultivars; flowers; fruit set; olives; orchards; plant architecture; plant density; shoots; trees; Italy
- ... The increase of plant density in new olive orchard systems requires a deeper investigation about plant architecture to understand growth, branching pattern and yield and to select most suitable cultivars. The spatial arrangement of vegetative and reproductive structures helps to explain the fruiting attitude of the plant at different levels: the whole tree, the productive branch and the fruiting s ...