Jump to Main Content
- Deschenes, P.; Boivin, C.
- Acta horticulturae 2017 no.1156 pp. 465-472
- marketing, etc ; correlation; cultivars; fruit yield; harvesting; models; plant development; strawberries; Quebec; Show all 9 Subjects
- ... Marketing Quebec strawberries has remained problematic given that producers must guarantee to the main food distribution chains, on a weekly basis, the volume of fruit they will harvest three weeks in advance. Those predicted volumes are based on previous years' yields but can be ineffective. This represent an impediment to Quebec strawberry producer's competitiveness. An effective and easy-to-use ...
- Erhart, E.; Diethart, I.; Bonell, M.; Fuchs, K.; Haas, D.; Hartl, W.
- Acta horticulturae 2017 no.1168 pp. 395-398
- marketing, etc ; chemical analysis; compost maturity; composting; growing media; models; near-infrared spectroscopy; normal values; oxygen; spectral analysis; Show all 10 Subjects
- ... For successful compost marketing as a component for growing media it is crucial to produce compost of consistent stability and maturity. Therefore the degradability and stability, respectively, of composts in the course of the composting process was characterised with a range of maturity tests (respirometric, photometric, extract C/N, Solvita™) and chemical analyses. The 'integrated maturity index ...