Jump to Main Content
- Tubeileh, A.; Abdeen, M.
- Acta horticulturae 2017 no.1150 pp. 303-306
- Olea europaea, etc ; application rate; fruit yield; leaves; olives; pH; risk; soil organic matter; spring; stomatal conductance; trees; wastewater; water content; Show all 13 Subjects
- ... Olive-mill waste water (OMWW) represents an environmental risk in the olive (Olea europaea) growing strip around the Mediterranean. The objective of this study was to investigate the effect of a one-time application of OMWW on the yield, stomatal conductance and leaf water content of mature 'Zeiti' olive trees. Four rates (0, 50, 80, and 100 m3 ha-1) of OMWW were applied in December to trees that ...
- Lo Bianco, R.; Masssenti, R.; Novara, A.; Marra, F. P.; Caruso, T.
- Acta horticulturae 2017 no.1177 pp. 319-326
- Olea europaea, etc ; chemical weed control; color; crop yield; cultivars; environmental factors; fruits; grasses; hills; leaves; mature plants; mowing; nutrient content; olives; shoots; soil; soil management; soil organic matter; spring; stone fruits; trees; vegetation cover; vegetative growth; water content; winter; Sicily; Show all 26 Subjects
- ... The study was carried out in an olive grove located along the hills of northern Sicily where soil had been managed for decades by chemical weeding. Starting in 2008, one portion of the grove was left non-weeded, and the permanent grass cover was managed by mowing 2-3 times per year in winter and spring. In 2011, 2012 and 2013, yield, average drupe weight, percentage of drupe black color (veraison) ...