Jump to Main Content
- Bokelmann, W.; Ferenczi, Z.; Gevorgyan, E.
- Acta horticulturae 2016 no.1132 pp. 89-96
- Tanzania, etc ; case studies; ecology; farmers; food availability; food security; gender; horticulture; income; malnutrition; poverty; production technology; stakeholders; supply chain; vegetables; working conditions; Ethiopia; Germany; Kenya; Show all 19 Subjects
- ... Food security and poverty remain aggravating challenges in East Africa despite decades of development work and research. Enhancing food security having complex dimensions of food availability, food accessibility, food stability and food utilisation, requires an integrated approach that transcends disciplinary boundaries and aims at solving real world problems not solely at contributing scientific ...
- Karamura, E. B.; Tinzaara, W.; Kikulwe, E.; Ochola, D.; Ocimati, W.; Karamura, D.
- Acta horticulturae 2016 no.1114 pp. 239-244
- Tanzania, etc ; astringency; bananas; beers; breeding programs; color; desserts; early development; farmers; genotype; hybrids; juices; markets; new variety; pests; plantlets; private enterprises; rooting; starch; taste; texture; tissue culture; tropical agriculture; vigor; willingness to pay; wine cultivars; Kenya; Mozambique; Rwanda; South Africa; Uganda; Show all 31 Subjects
- ... Over the past three decades, more than 40 banana cultivars have been introduced in eastern and southern Africa for evaluation and dissemination to smallholder farmers facing banana productivity challenges. This study analyses the seed systems used to avail the genotypes to the target users, discusses farmers' experiences and consumers' perspectives in five countries - Kenya, Mozambique, Tanzania, ...