Jump to Main Content
- Suzuki, A.
- Acta horticulturae 2016 no.1128 pp. 221-228
- Ghana, etc ; crop production; cultivars; developed countries; developing countries; exports; farmers; farmers' attitudes; horticulture; issues and policy; pineapples; poverty; risk; world markets; Show all 14 Subjects
- ... The high-value horticulture sector has received attention in recent years as a means to reduce poverty in developing countries. However, the highly perishable nature of horticultural products, limited extent of domestic processing sectors in developing countries, and intense competition in the global market are factors that possibly serve to marginalize small-scale producers. The objective of this ...
- Adu-Dapaah, H.; Berchie, J. N.; Amoah, S.; Addo, J. K.; Akuamoah-Boateng, M.
- Acta horticulturae 2016 no.1127 pp. 1-8
- Ghana, etc ; Vigna subterranea; abiotic stress; agronomic traits; agronomy; breeding; crude protein; cultivars; drought; drought tolerance; early development; farmers; food security; foods; functional properties; genetic improvement; genotype; germplasm; heat; heat tolerance; heat treatment; landraces; mutation; nutritive value; photoperiod; physicochemical properties; poverty; product development; seed priming; sowing date; Show all 30 Subjects
- ... Bambara groundnut is an underutilized crop, and has high potential for the attainment of food security and poverty alleviation in sub-Saharan Africa. It is a drought- and heat-tolerant crop, with high nutritional qualities. In recent times, efforts have been made to improve the productivity and utilization of the crop. A number of crop performance studies have been carried out to evaluate both loc ...