Jump to Main Content
- Giacalone, G.; Chiabrando, V.
- Acta horticulturae 2015 no.1084 pp. 675-680
- biodegradability; cellulose; chitin; chitosan; citrus fruits; coatings; cold storage; color; cultivars; dairy protein; ethylene production; fruit quality; fruits; kiwifruit; lipids; nectarines; odors; oxygen; peaches; pears; postharvest treatment; preharvest treatment; raw fruit; ripening; shelf life; starch; strawberries; texture; titratable acidity; tomatoes; total soluble solids; weight loss
- ... Nectarine is a climacteric fruit and exhibits increased ethylene production, respiration rate, changes in fruit texture, colour, aroma and other biochemical and physiological attributes during ripening. It has a limited storage life depending upon the cultivar. The coating of fruit with edible materials has been reported to act as a barrier to moisture and oxygen during postharvest handling and st ...
- Guillen, F.; Zapata, P. J.; Martinez-Romero, D.; Castillo, S.; Valverde, J. M.; Valero, D.; Diaz-Mula, H. M.; Serrano, M.
- Acta horticulturae 2015 no.1079 pp. 173-178
- Prunus avium; cherries; color; cultivars; durability; firmness; harvest date; metabolites; oxalic acid; plant diseases and disorders; postharvest treatment; respiratory rate; ripening; shelf life; titratable acidity; total soluble solids; transportation; France
- ... âEarly Loryâ is an early season sweet cherry cultivar (Prunus avium L.) originating from France. This cultivar is medium in size (7-8 g), kidney-shaped, and dark-red with a long stalk. The fruit is very sweet and juicy. The commercial harvest dates are between 22-29 of May and it has medium durability during storage and transportation. Oxalic acid (OA) is a final metabolite in plants and exhib ...