Jump to Main Content
- A. Quacchia; S. Moriya; G. Bosio
- Acta horticulturae 2014 no.1043 pp. 199-204
- Castanea; Dryocosmus kuriphilus; Torymus; biological control; parasitism; parasitoids; pest control; China; Italy; Japan; United States
- ... Dryocosmus kuriphilus is a global serious pest of chestnut. Original of China, it was accidentally introduced into several countries across the world. Biological control using its natural parasitoid Torymus sinensis is the most promising method to control the pest. T. sinensis was first introduced into Japan and USA, and since 2005 into Europe. The effectiveness of this biological control strategy ...
- G. Bounous
- Acta horticulturae 2014 v. no.1043 pp. 19-22
- Castanea; biomass; carbon sequestration; horticulture; industry; landscapes; social welfare; Australia; Chile; China; Europe; Japan; Korean Peninsula; United States
- ... The chestnut is an extraordinary horticultural opportunity and an invaluable source of high quality nuts, prized food for an increasingly large demand of bio-line and environmentally-friendly products. It is a good contributor to carbon sequestration, valuable source of biomass, furthermore the chestnut landscape offers great benefits in terms of social welfare. The world leading producer is China ...