Jump to Main Content
- Amoako, P.K.; Kumah, P.; Appiah, F.
- Acta horticulturae 2014 no.1021 pp. 401-407
- Ghana, etc ; Brassica oleracea; DDT (pesticide); active ingredients; bifenthrin; cabbage; endosulfan; farmers; forests; harvest date; imidacloprid; insect control; insect pests; lindane; pesticide residues; spraying; thiamethoxam; trademarks; Show all 18 Subjects
- ... One of the obstacles to cabbage production in the forest ecozone of Ghana is insect pests. These insect pests are controlled in various ways, with pesticide use prominent among them. The objectives of this study were to (1) document the various pesticides used by farmers in cabbage production, (2) assess the mode of application of these pesticides and (3) determine the safety of the cabbage heads ...
- Larbi, T.O.; Cofie, O.; Amoah, P.; Veenhuizen, R.V.
- Acta horticulturae 2014 no.1021 pp. 167-180
- Ghana, etc ; cities; development policy; farmers; females; food availability; food safety; income; irrigation; males; niche markets; poverty; schools; urban agriculture; vegetable growing; wastewater; water quality; Nigeria; Show all 18 Subjects
- ... Urban and peri-urban agriculture (UPA) is seen as a subsistence-oriented production system. It has been given little formal support or recognition by city authorities in the development plans. Recent development programmes have continued to raise awareness about this phenomenon, and local authorities have begun to understand the role UPA can play in improving urban food supply and reducing poverty ...