Jump to Main Content
- Cramer, G. R.; Deluc, L. G.; Spreeman, K.; Schegg, K.; Fennell, A.
- Acta horticulturae 2014 no.1046 pp. 385-388
- Vitis riparia, etc ; buds; computer software; gels; gene expression regulation; image analysis; polyacrylamide gel electrophoresis; protein synthesis; proteins; shoots; two-dimensional gel electrophoresis; Show all 11 Subjects
- ... A common method for quantifying proteins is to separate them by two-dimensional polyacrylamide gel electrophoresis (2-D PAGE) and quantify the intensity of the spots with image analysis software. Protein spot variability can be quite high averaging about 60 to 80% for three biological replicates. Gel to gel variability is quite high requiring the researcher to make many technical replicates and se ...
- Wieczorek, K.; Hensler, S.; Forneck, A.
- Acta horticulturae 2014 no.1045 pp. 29-32
- Vitis riparia, etc ; Daktulosphaira vitifoliae; Vitis cinerea var. helleri; grapes; insects; leaf galls; meristems; minerals; pests; petioles; phloem; root tips; shoots; sucrose; water transportation; Show all 15 Subjects
- ... Grape phylloxera (Daktulosphaira vitifoliae Fitch, Homoptera: Phylloxeridae) is a serious global pest that feeds on roots and leaves of susceptible grapevine varieties of Vitis ssp. These insects induce feeding sites in both, roots and leaves of grapevine. So-called nodosities are induced within the meristematic zone of the grape root tips, whereas leaf-galls are formed on leaves. Both feeding sit ...