Jump to Main Content
- Chipungu, F.P.; Ambali, A.J.D.; Saka, J.D. Kalenga; Mahungu, N.M.; Mkumbira, J.
- Acta horticulturae 2012 no.938 pp. 467-473
- food security, etc ; Curculionidae; Cylas formicarius elegantulus; climate change; early development; farmers; foods; harvest date; indigenous knowledge; market prices; market value; markets; shelf life; sweet potatoes; Malawi; Show all 15 Subjects
- ... A survey to document indigenous knowledge associated with sweetpotato production was conducted in Chitipa, Karonga and Mzimba in the North and Mulanje, Phalombe, Chikhwawa and Nsanje Districts of Malawi in 2003. The study aimed to better understand the knowledge associated with farmers’ varieties for potential use in the development of improved and acceptable varieties. In total, 268 varieties wer ...
- Gu, S.; Paul, K.B.; Nixon, K.; Duschack, M.
- Acta horticulturae 2012 no.937 pp. 1097-1107
- food security, etc ; cities; community gardens; extension education; farmers; farming systems; farms; fruits; gardeners; gardening; grocery stores; ingestion; roots; urban agriculture; urban areas; vegetables; Missouri; Show all 17 Subjects
- ... When the wealthier city dwellers moved out to suburbs leaving the less fortunate ones behind, many neighborhoods became blighted, their tax base declined, leaving the properties and the vacant lots totally uncared for. We see this scene repeated in the inner city areas of the two largest metropolitan cities (St. Louis and Kansas City) in the state of Missouri, USA. The lack of security, increased ...