Jump to Main Content
- Amarna, M.; Marei, A.; Al-Rimawi, F.
- Acta horticulturae 2011 no.888 pp. 317-323
- West Bank, etc ; acid value; acidity; case studies; fertilizers; iodine value; lipids; meteorological parameters; nitric acid; peroxide value; pesticides; refractive index; villages; virgin olive oil; Show all 14 Subjects
- ... We investigated the quality of olive oil produced in the northern West Bank. Forty samples were collected from two villages: Assera Al Shamalia (located in the western foothills) and Bet Dagan (eastern foothills). The samples were analyzed for iodine number, peroxide value, refractive index and free acidity using official AOAC analytical methods for fats and oils. Nitric acid test was also perform ...
- Hijawi, T.; Samara, N.; Shareef, R.; Saleh, A.
- Acta horticulturae 2011 no.888 pp. 119-125
- West Bank, etc ; Bactrocera oleae; calcium; copper; cultivars; fruit set; iron; irrigation; lipid content; magnesium; manganese; nickel; olive oil; olives; peroxide value; physical properties; physicochemical properties; shoots; sodium; trees; wastewater; wastewater treatment; zinc; Show all 23 Subjects
- ... The present study measured certain chemical and physical properties of olives under two treatments: irrigation with reclaimed wastewater and traditional rain-fed conditions. Each treatment consisted of two 20- to 25-year-old olive trees of the variety Improved Nabali in five replicates. Olive trees were irrigated three times a week with reclaimed wastewater generated from Sir domestic wastewater t ...