Jump to Main Content
- Harivandi, M.A.; Hagan, W.B.; Morris, K.N.
- Acta horticulturae 2008 no.783 pp. 309
- Agrostis stolonifera var. palustris; turf grasses; golf courses; Poa annua; grass weeds; crop-weed competition; plant density; mowing; height; cultivars; leaves; field experimentation; color; plant litter; thatch; California
- ... The industry trend to golf putting greens which produce greater ball-roll distances has led to development of high density creeping bentgrass (Agrostis palustris, Huds.) cultivars that tolerate very low mowing heights. These cultivars also have a finer leaf texture and improved competitiveness with the invasive weed, annual bluegrass (Poa annua L.). In this multi-year field study, newer cultivars ...
- Hale, Trent C.; Reinert, James A.; White, Richard H.; Snook, M.E.
- Acta horticulturae 2008 no.783 pp. 507
- Spodoptera frugiperda; insect pests; plant pests; Zoysia japonica; Zoysia matrella; turf grasses; pest resistance; polyphenols; flavanoids; high performance liquid chromatography; phytochemicals; temporal variation; nitrogen fertilizers; cultivars; mortality; chemical concentration; phytotoxins; resistance mechanisms; Texas
- ... Leaf tissue collected from six zoysiagrass (Zoysia spp.) cultivars was analyzed for polyphenols and flavonoids by high performance liquid chromatography (HPLC). The experiment investigated the effects of sampling date and N fertilization rate on green leaf chemistry of zoysiagrass and their relationship to fall armyworm (FAW) [Spodoptera frugiperda (J. E. Smith)] resistance. Six zoysiagrasses cult ...