Jump to Main Content
- Okie, W.R.; Scorza, Ralph
- Acta horticulturae 2002 no.592 pp. 137
- Prunus persica; peaches; plant breeding; leaves; width; plant morphology; hybrids; heritability
- ... Mature peach leaves are typically about 4 x 16 cm, with a width/length ratio of about 25%. A narrow leaf seedling, selected by Wayne Sherman (Univ. of Florida, Gainesville), was hybridized at USDA-Byron with adapted commercial varieties. Early generation hybrids produced small, irregular-shaped fruit. After 5 generations, current selections are approaching commercial fruit standards in size, color ...
- Hua, S.S.T.
- Acta horticulturae 2002 no.591 pp. 527
- Aspergillus flavus; biological control; biological control agents; yeasts; saprophytes; almonds; pistachios; orchards; sporulation; aflatoxins; nut trees; flowers; leaves; spraying; molds (fungi); disease control
- ... The biocontrol activity of one particular strain of yeast against A. flavus was evaluated. The effect of this yeast on the growth of A. flavus on pistachio flowers and almond leaves was monitored over a period of 15 days. Spore production of A. flavus was reduced by 60-80% on plant samples sprayed with this particular yeast. The experiments demonstrated that certain strain of saprophytic yeast cou ...