Jump to Main Content
- Torres-Ruiz, J.M., et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Acta horticulturae 2011 no.888 pp. 177-182
- deficit irrigation; dryland farming; endocarp; field capacity; fruit quality; irrigation rates; irrigation scheduling; lipid content; mesocarp; olives; rhizosphere; roots; soil water; soil water content; trees; Spain
- ... The aim of this work was to analyse the influence of soil water content and distribution on fruit quality in 5-year-old ‘Manzanilla de Sevilla’ olive trees in pots subjected to different irrigation treatments for 3 years (2007-2009). The experiment was carried out near Seville, in southwest Spain. Four water treatments were considered: 1) T0, trees were under dry farming conditions except for smal ...
- Torres-Ruiz, J.M., et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Acta horticulturae 2012 no.951 pp. 101-110
- deficit irrigation; irrigation management; leaves; olives; orchards; plant density; sap flow; soil; trees; turgor; water holding capacity; water potential; water stress
- ... The aim of this work was to evaluate the potential of used sap flow (SF), trunk diameter variation (TDV) and leaf turgor (LT) sensors for assessing water stress in a 'Arbequina' hedgerow olive orchard with 1667 trees ha-1. Measurements were made in control trees irrigated to replace 100% of the crop water needs, and in trees under two regulated deficit irrigation strategies, 60RDI and 30RDI, in wh ...