Jump to Main Content
- Romojaro, A.; Serrano, M.; Pretel, M. T.
- Acta horticulturae 2018 no.1194 pp. 1039-1044
- food plants, etc ; Mediterranean diet; Rosa canina; Sanguisorba minor; additives; antioxidant activity; antioxidants; color; consumer acceptance; food industry; fruits; leaves; lipid peroxidation; orange juice; plant extracts; sunflower oil; Show all 16 Subjects
- ... The main objective of this research was to evaluate the antioxidant capacity and phenolic content of three wild edible plant (WEP), Sanguisorba minor (Sm), Rosa canina (Rc) and Quercus ilex subsp. Ballota (Qb), as well as their effect against the peroxidation of sunflower oil and orange juice. Fruits from Rc and Qb and leaves and stems from Sm were used. The antioxidant activity and total phenolic ...
- Garcia-Solis, P.; Morales-Tlalpan, V.; Diaz-Munoz, M.; Aceves, C.; Yahia, E.M.
- Acta horticulturae 2010 no.877 pp. 1287-1294
- food plants, etc ; Diospyros digyna; N-methyl-N-nitrosourea; Opuntia; anticarcinogenic activity; antioxidant activity; antioxidants; avocados; beta-carotene; breast neoplasms; carcinogenesis; chronic diseases; cladodes; drinking water; fruits; gallic acid; grapes; guavas; in vitro studies; mammary neoplasms (animal); mangoes; models; papayas; phytochemicals; pineapples; rats; tomatoes; Show all 27 Subjects
- ... Consumption of fruits and vegetables has been associated with reduced risk of chronic diseases. They are rich in several antioxidant phytochemicals such as carotenoids and phenolic compounds that could be responsible for the health benefits. We studied the antineoplastic properties of some fruits and vegetables using in vivo and in vitro models. First, we studied the effect of 'Ataulfo' mango cons ...