Jump to Main Content
- Nunez-Moreno, J. H.; Walworth, J.; Pond, A.; Kilby, M.
- Acta horticulturae 2018 no.1217 pp. 103-110
- Southwestern United States, etc ; Carya illinoinensis; alternate bearing; boron; chlorophyll; copper; irrigation; leaves; mineral content; nitrogen; nitrogen content; orchards; pecans; trees; zinc; Show all 15 Subjects
- ... Annual application of nitrogen (N) at rates of 118 (118N), 236 (236N), and 354 (354N) kg ha-1 were applied on 35-year-old 'Western' (= 'Western Schley') pecan trees (Carya illinoinensis (Wangenh.) K. Koch) to evaluate their effect on nut yield, growth and leaf mineral composition. The leaf N concentration was only affected by treatments in one season. The effect on mineral composition was minimal: ...
- Schuch, U. K.; Mahato, T. R.; Subramani, J.; Martin, E. C.
- Acta horticulturae 2016 no.1112 pp. 193-200
- Southwestern United States, etc ; Chilopsis linearis; Cupressus arizonica; Ebenopsis ebano; Fraxinus velutina; Parkinsonia; Pinus brutia var. eldarica; Pistacia; Prosopis velutina; Quercus virginiana; aesthetics; autumn; canopy; deficit irrigation; dieback; evapotranspiration; hybrids; irrigation scheduling; leaves; ornamental plants; planting; summer; trees; winter; Show all 24 Subjects
- ... Nine species of landscape trees commonly planted in the semi-arid southwestern United States were irrigated with three different regimes to determine their growth response and aesthetic functionality. Irrigation treatments started in May 2010 and were based on applying 80% (wet), 60% (medium), and 40% (dry) of reference evapotranspiration (ETo) from May to October and half of that (40, 30, and 20% ...