Jump to Main Content
- Pollastri, L., et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Acta horticulturae 2017 no.1160 pp. 127-134
- branches; canopy; cultivars; olives; orchards; shoots; trees; Italy
- ... In a high density (1,250 trees ha-1) olive orchard in central Italy, the architectural characteristics of 'Arbequina', 'Arbosana', 'Koroneiki', 'FS17', 'Don Carlo' and 'Giulia' cultivars was studied. Tree height, canopy dimensions, trunk diameter at 0.20, 0.75, 1.5, 2.0 m from the ground, branch intersection height along the trunk, diameter and length of the primary branches were measured in 2010, ...
- Pollastri, L., et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Acta horticulturae 2017 no.1160 pp. 119-126
- branching; climatic factors; cultivars; flowers; fruit set; olives; orchards; plant architecture; plant density; shoots; trees; Italy
- ... The increase of plant density in new olive orchard systems requires a deeper investigation about plant architecture to understand growth, branching pattern and yield and to select most suitable cultivars. The spatial arrangement of vegetative and reproductive structures helps to explain the fruiting attitude of the plant at different levels: the whole tree, the productive branch and the fruiting s ...