Jump to Main Content
Did you mean to type: lambs?
- Wallace, C.; Both, A. J.
- Acta horticulturae 2016 no.1134 pp. 435-444
- incandescent lamps, etc ; bulbs; energy use and consumption; fluorescent lamps; horticulture; photons; photosynthetically active radiation; sodium; Show all 8 Subjects
- ... In this paper we report on several operating characteristics for a select group of light sources used for horticultural applications. These characteristics include: photon flux (including photosynthetically active radiation or PAR), power consumption, efficiency, and light distribution. We evaluated two (power adjustable) high-pressure sodium lamps (HPS: mogul base and double-ended lamps), three l ...
- Blanchard, M. G.; Runkle, E. S.
- Acta horticulturae 2016 no.1134 pp. 41-48
- incandescent lamps, etc ; Campanula carpatica; Petunia hybrida; crops; flowering; greenhouses; growers; irrigation; light intensity; photons; photoperiod; sodium; Show all 12 Subjects
- ... When the natural photoperiod is short, commercial growers typically create long days (LDs) to stimulate flowering of LD crops using fixed lamps that deliver 1 to
2 µmol m-2 s-1. As an alternative to fixed lamps, growers have experimented with “boom lighting”, which is a form of intermittent (cyclic) lighting in which lamps are attached to irrigation booms and the booms operate during the night. W ...