Jump to Main Content
- Nedjimi, Bouzid
- Acta oecologica 2018 v.89 pp. 43-50
- Stipa tenacissima; aboveground biomass; autumn; biomass production; bromine; calcium; chemical composition; chromium; copper; dry environmental conditions; ecosystems; grasses; iron; manganese; nutrient uptake; perennials; potassium; principal component analysis; rain; rangelands; seasonal growth; seasonal variation; shoots; soil water; spring; strontium; summer; topsoil; zinc; Iberian Peninsula; Northern Africa
- ... The rangelands of Stipa tenacissima and Lygeum spartum (Poaceae) constitute one of the main typical ecosystems in the Iberian Peninsula and North Africa. This study examines the seasonal changes in aboveground biomass accumulation and translocation of some major (Ca and K) and trace elements (Br, Cr, Cu, Fe, Mn, Sr and Zn) from topsoil to shoots of these perennial grasses. Species, season and thei ...
- Ingle, Kapilkumar; Horváth, Ádám; Gallé-Szpisjak, Nikolett; Gellért, Levente; Csata, Enikő; Gallé, Róbert
- Acta oecologica 2018 v.89 pp. 38-42
- Pardosa; Populus; autumn; body condition; body length; forest plantations; forest types; habitats; invertebrates; lipid content; locomotion; mortality; overwintering; predators; risk; spring; temperate zones; winter
- ... Overwintering in temperate regions is a prominent mortality risk for invertebrates and may affect their behaviour and body condition. Pardosa alacris is a common ground dwelling spider in central European native and plantation forests, and habitat type and prey availability may play important roles in their overwintering. The effect of overwintering on body condition and behaviour of spiders in se ...