Jump to Main Content
- Luke, Denneko; McLaren, Kurt
- Acta oecologica 2018 v.89 pp. 1-10
- algorithms; biogeography; carbon dioxide; ecophysiology; hurricanes; interspecific variation; leaf area; leaves; montane forests; mountains; photosynthesis; seedlings; shade tolerance; stems; trees; Jamaica
- ... In situ measurements of leaf level photosynthetic response to light were collected from seedlings of ten tree species from a tropical montane wet forest, the John Crow Mountains, Jamaica. A model-based recursive partitioning ('mob') algorithm was then used to identify species associations based on their fitted photosynthetic response curves. Leaf area dark respiration (RD) and light saturated maxi ...
- Wang, Congyan; Wu, Bingde; Jiang, Kun; Zhou, Jiawei
- Acta oecologica 2018 v.89 pp. 32-37
- Amaranthus retroflexus; Amaranthus tricolor; acid deposition; coculture; ecological invasion; ecosystems; hormesis; indigenous species; invasive species; leaf area; leaf width; leaves; nutrients; pH; plant growth; plants (botany); solar radiation
- ... Co-occurring invasive plant species (invaders hereafter) and natives receive similar or even the same environmental selection pressures. Thus, the differences in functional traits between natives and invaders have become widely recognized as a major driving force of the success of plant invasion. Meanwhile, increasing amounts of acid are deposited into ecosystems. Thus, it is important to elucidat ...