Jump to Main Content
- Aranda, Ismael; Sánchez-Gómez, David; de Miguel, Marina; Mancha, Jose Antonio; Guevara, María Angeles; Cadahía, Estrella; Fernández de Simón, María Brígida
- Acta oecologica 2017 v.82 pp. 1-9
- Fagus sylvatica; carbon nitrogen ratio; climate change; ecophysiology; ferulic acid; forest trees; greenhouse experimentation; intraspecific variation; isoleucine; kaempferol; leaves; metabolomics; nitrogen; phenotype; provenance; secondary metabolites; seedlings; stable isotopes; temperate forests; valine; water stress; Germany; Spain; Sweden
- ... Most temperate forest tree species will suffer important environmental changes as result of the climate change. Adaptiveness to local conditions could change at different sites in the future. In this context, the study of intra-specific variability is important to clarify the singularity of different local populations. Phenotypic differentiation between three beech provenances covering a wide lati ...
- Torres-Romero, Erik Joaquín; Varela, Sara; Fisher, Jason T.; Olalla-Tárraga, Miguel Á.
- Acta oecologica 2017 v.82 pp. 10-15
- Palaearctic region; biogeography; body size; climate; climate change; geographical distribution; life history; litter size; longevity; mammals; species diversity; Arctic region
- ... Climate has played a key role in shaping the geographic patterns of biodiversity. The imprint of Quaternary climatic fluctuations is particularly evident on the geographic distribution of Holarctic faunas, which dramatically shifted their ranges following the alternation of glacial-interglacial cycles during the Pleistocene. Here, we evaluate the existence of differences between climatically stabl ...