Jump to Main Content
- Horsák, Michal; Tajovská, Eva; Horsáková, Veronika
- Acta oecologica 2017 v.82 pp. 16-22
- calcium; clearcutting; fens; forest management; forests; guidelines; harvesting; humidity; landscapes; refuge habitats; seepage; snails; species diversity; spring; springs (water); woodlands; Czech Republic
- ... Land-snail species richness has repeatedly been found to increase with the increasing site calcium content and humidity. These two factors, reported as the main drivers of land-snail assemblage diversity, are also among the main habitat characteristics of calcareous seepages. Here we explore local species richness and compositional variation of forest spring-fed patches (i.e. seepages), to test th ...
- Rahman, Dede Aulia; Gonzalez, Georges; Haryono, Mohammad; Muhtarom, Aom; Firdaus, Asep Yayus; Aulagnier, Stéphane
- Acta oecologica 2017 v.82 pp. 41-51
- Axis kuhlii; Muntiacus muntjak; camera trapping; climatic factors; cultivation area; deer; dry season; habitat preferences; habitats; landscapes; models; photographs; rain; rain forests; secondary forests; tropical forests
- ... There is an urgent recognized need for conservation of tropical forest deer. In order to identify some environmental factors affecting conservation, we analyzed the seasonal habitat use of two Indonesian deer species, Axis kuhlii in Bawean Island and Muntiacus muntjak in south-western Java Island, in response to several physical, climatic, biological, and anthropogenic variables. Camera trapping w ...