Jump to Main Content
- Soler, Rosina; Pastur, Guillermo Martínez; Lencinas, María Vanessa; Peri, Pablo Luis
- Acta oecologica 2015 v.68 pp. 11-17
- Argentina, etc ; Misodendrum; Nothofagus; Usnea; autumn; biogeochemical cycles; biomass; canopy; epiphytes; forest types; growing season; lichens; second growth; spring; summer; traps; tree crown; trees; Show all 18 Subjects
- ... Litter input is one of the key components that define nutrient cycling in forests and the majority of studies only consider the tree components of litterfall. However, epiphytic species can play a crucial role in litter input throughout the growing season. This work evaluates changes in litter production by mistletoe (Misodendrum sp.) and epiphytic lichen (Usnea sp.), related to crown cover in mat ...
- Salgado Salomón, María Eugenia; Barroetaveña, Carolina; Rajchenberg, Mario
- Acta oecologica 2013 v.49 pp. 5-11
- Argentina, etc ; endophytes; Nothofagus; ectomycorrhizae; plantations; seedlings; symbionts; soil; Pseudotsuga menziesii; conifers; forests; Andes region; Show all 12 Subjects
- ... Pseudotsuga menziesii is one of the most widely planted conifers in the Patagonian Andes of Argentina, with invading characteristics that are widely reported. Nevertheless, little is known about the role of its obligate mycorrhizal associations in limiting or fostering the establishment of invading seedlings. We studied the richness and abundance of endo- (AM) and ectomycorrhizae (EM) present in P ...