Jump to Main Content
- Rizwan, Muhammad; Ali, Shafaqat; ur Rehman, Muhammad Zia; Malik, Sumaira; Adrees, Muhammad; Qayyum, Muhammad Farooq; Alamri, Saud A.; Alyemeni, Mohammed Nasser; Ahmad, Parvaiz
- Acta physiologiae plantarum 2019 v.41 no.3 pp. 35
- Oryza sativa; antioxidant activity; antioxidants; biomass; cadmium; catalase; chlorophyll; crops; electrolytes; foliar application; gas exchange; leaves; malondialdehyde; nanoparticles; oxidative stress; peroxidase; photosynthesis; polluted soils; rice; seedlings; shoots; silicon; superoxide dismutase; tissues; titanium dioxide; toxicity
- ... The cadmium (Cd) has been regarded the toxic trace element to plants and humans, while there is very little information available about the application of titanium dioxide (TiO₂) and silicon (Si) nanoparticles (NPs) in the mitigation of Cd stress in crops and particularly in rice (Oryza sativa). The experiment is aimed to investigate how foliar applications of Si and TiO₂ NPs affected Cd uptake, p ...
- Marinković, Jelena; Bjelić, Dragana; Đorđević, Vuk; Balešević-Tubić, Svetlana; Jošić, Dragana; Vucelić-Radović, Biljana
- Acta physiologiae plantarum 2019 v.41 no.3 pp. 37
- Bradyrhizobium; antioxidant activity; intergenic DNA; liquids; nitrogen content; nucleotide sequences; osmotic stress; peroxidase; plant nitrogen content; polymerase chain reaction; protein content; ribosomal DNA; root nodules; soybeans; stress tolerance; symbiosis; water stress
- ... The performance of rhizobia in soybean nodules under drought stress conditions was analyzed using five Bradyrhizobium strains selected according to the osmotic stress tolerance in liquid medium. The effect of selected rhizobial strains on root and nodule antioxidant response and symbiotic performance was evaluated in a soil pot experiment under different levels of drought stress (0, 3, 5, 7 days w ...