Jump to Main Content
- Villalobos-Olivera, Ariel; Martínez, Julia; Quintana, Nicolás; Zevallos, Byron E.; Cejas, Inaudis; Lorenzo, José Carlos; González-Olmedo, Justo; Montero, Marcos Edel Martínez
- Acta physiologiae plantarum 2019 v.41 no.3 pp. 34
- cryopreservation; fruits; germplasm; mature plants; micropropagation; new variety; nitrogen; pineapples; plant growth; shoot tips
- ... Globally, production of pineapple fruits reached more than 25 million tons in 2013. Therefore, many scientists are searching for new varieties and ways for the conservation of pineapple genetic resources. Cryoconservation in liquid nitrogen has been described as a suitable technology in many plant species. However, its potential effects in the subsequent plant growth in the field should be studied ...
- Suwitchayanon, Prapaipit; Ohno, Osamu; Suenaga, Kiyotake; Kato-Noguchi, Hisashi
- Acta physiologiae plantarum 2019 v.41 no.3 pp. 33
- Echinochloa crus-galli; Lolium multiflorum; Piper retrofractum; alfalfa; bioactive compounds; fruit extracts; fruits; germination; growth retardation; lettuce; phytotoxicity; plant growth; rice; weeds
- ... The fruits of Piper retrofractum Vahl. contain a variety of compounds, but no phytotoxic compound with plant growth inhibitory activity has been reported. Therefore, the phytotoxic activity of P. retrofractum fruit extracts was investigated and found the reduction of seedling growth of cress, lettuce, alfalfa, barnyard grass, Italian ryegrass, and jungle rice. Seven bioactive compounds were isolat ...