Jump to Main Content
- Dziurka, Michał, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Acta physiologiae plantarum 2017 v.39 no.9 pp. 202
- Lupinus luteus; agmatine; biosynthesis; drought; drought tolerance; leaves; pods; seeds; soil; spermidine; spermine; water stress; yield components; Morocco
- ... Polyamines (PAs) are related to many physiological processes, including soil drought stress. Two yellow lupin ‘Morocco 4’ (drought tolerant) and ‘Taper’ (drought sensitive) were exposed to soil drought for 2 weeks. The half of the examined plants were additionally sprayed with a solution of polyamine biosynthesis inhibitor—DL-α-difluoromethylarginine (DFMA). Yellow lupin leaves showed a 19% increa ...
- Dziurka, Michał, et al. Show all 12 Authors
- Acta physiologiae plantarum 2013 v.35 no.2 pp. 451-461
- carbohydrates; chlorophyll; cultivars; drought tolerance; gas exchange; genotype; leaves; lipid peroxidation; osmotic pressure; osmotic stress; proline; quantitative trait loci; seedlings; water content; water stress; wheat
- ... In this study, the seedlings of two wheat cultivars were used: drought-resistant Chinese Spring (CS) and drought-susceptible (SQ1). Seedlings were subjected to osmotic stress in order to assess the differences in response to drought stress between resistant and susceptible genotype. The aim of the experiment was to evaluate the changes in physiological and biochemical characteristics and to establ ...