Jump to Main Content
- Li, LiangLiang; Lu, Min; An, Huaming
- Acta physiologiae plantarum 2017 v.39 no.2 pp. 44
- Rosa roxburghii, etc ; antioxidants; ascorbic acid; biosynthesis; enzyme activity; gene expression; genes; leaf development; leaves; monodehydroascorbate reductase (NADH); myo-inositol; Show all 11 Subjects
- ... Vitamin C (L-ascorbic acid, AsA) serves as an antioxidant and enzyme cofactor in plants. Rosa roxburghii Tratt is a rose species that is recognized for its high AsA content. However, leaf AsA metabolism has not been explored in detail, especially at the gene expression level. In the present study, AsA accumulation and the relative expression levels of genes putatively involved in AsA biosynthesis ...
- Liu, Wei; An, Hua-Ming; Yang, Man
- Acta physiologiae plantarum 2013 v.35 no.5 pp. 1617-1624
- Rosa roxburghii, etc ; Southern blotting; complementary DNA; gene overexpression; oxidative stress; salt stress; shoots; sodium chloride; stress tolerance; tobacco; transgenes; Show all 11 Subjects
- ... L-Galactono-1, 4-lactone dehydrogenase (GalLDH; EC 188.8.131.52) is the last key enzyme in the putative L-ascorbic acid (AsA) biosynthetic pathway of higher plants. To evaluate the effect of the gene on manipulating AsA accumulation, a cDNA encoding GalLDH (RrGalLDH, Acc. No. AY643403), isolated from Rosa roxburghii fruit known to be rich in AsA, was introduced into tobacco plants by Agrobacterium-medi ...