Jump to Main Content
- Saini, R. K.; Harish Prashanth, K. V.; Shetty, N. P.; Giridhar, P.
- Acta physiologiae plantarum 2014 v.36 no.10 pp. 2695-2704
- food plants, etc ; Moringa oleifera; alpha-tocopherol; antioxidants; beta-carotene; biosynthesis; chitosan; elicitors; foliar application; gamma-tocopherol; leaves; lutein; lycopene; major genes; methyl jasmonate; phytoene synthase; salicylic acid; Show all 17 Subjects
- ... Moringa oleifera Lam. leaves are rich source of carotenoids (provitamin A) and α-tocopherol (vitamin E), and there is a scope for their further enhancement, through elicitor mediation, thereby a great potential for addressing these vitamins deficiency. In the present study, we report the efficacy of foliar administration of biotic elicitors, carboxy-methyl chitosan and chitosan, and signaling mole ...
- Lehotai, Nóra; Pető, Andrea; Bajkán, Szilvia; Erdei, László; Tari, Irma; Kolbert, Zsuzsanna
- Acta physiologiae plantarum 2011 v.33 no.6 pp. 2199-2207
- food plants, etc ; Pisum sativum; cadmium; cell death; cell membranes; copper; food chain; heavy metals; hydrogen peroxide; nitric oxide; nitrogen; nutrient solutions; peas; people; pollutants; root meristems; root tips; viability; Show all 18 Subjects
- ... Heavy metals (HMs) are toxic pollutants, which can negatively affect the physiological processes of plants; moreover, HMs can be present in the food chain endangering people’s health. The aim of this study was to investigate the early physiological events during HM exposure in the root tips of the food plant Pisum sativum L. Ten-day-old pea plants were treated with 100 μM CdCl2 or CuSO4, in nutrie ...