Jump to Main Content
- Gendrot, Mathieu; Wague Gueye, Mamadou; Tsombeng Foguim, Francis; Madamet, Marylin; Wade, Khalifa Ababacar; Bou Kounta, Mame; Fall, Mansour; Diawara, Silman; Benoit, Nicolas; Lo, Gora; Bercion, Raymond; Amalvict, Rémy; Mosnier, Joel; Fall, Bécaye; Briolant, Sébastien; Diatta, Bakary; Pradines, Bruno
- Acta tropica 2019 v.196 pp. 126-134
- ABC transporters; Plasmodium falciparum; alleles; amino acid motifs; chloroquine; drugs; genetic markers; haplotypes; monitoring; multiple drug resistance; mutation; parasites; piperaquine; pyronaridine; quinine; South East Asia
- ... The emergence of resistance to artemisinin-based combination therapies (ACT) was described in Southeast Asia. In this context, the identification of molecular markers of ACT resistance partner drugs is urgently needed for monitoring the emergence and spread of resistance. Polymorphisms in transporter genes, especially of the ATP-binding cassette (ABC) superfamily, have been involved in anti-malari ...
- Funwei, Roland; Nderu, David; Nguetse, Christian N.; Thomas, Bolaji N.; Falade, Catherine O.; Velavan, Thirumalaisamy P; Ojurongbe, Olusola
- Acta tropica 2019 v.196 pp. 121-125
- Plasmodium falciparum; amino acids; children; diagnostic techniques; exons; gene deletion; malaria; merozoites; microscopy; monitoring; mortality; parasites; polymerase chain reaction; surface proteins; Nigeria
- ... Prompt diagnosis and appropriate treatment of malaria remain the hallmark for reducing malaria-related mortality in high transmission areas. Plasmodium falciparum histidine-rich protein2 (PfHRP2) based rapid diagnostic tests (RDT) play a vital role in prompt and accurate malaria diagnosis. However, pfhrp2 gene deletion threatens the RDT test sensitivity. This study reports the presence of pfhrp2 a ...