Jump to Main Content
- Gomez, Eduardo A., et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Acta tropica 2015 v.141 pp. 79-87
- Leishmania mexicana; Leishmania peruviana; Lutzomyia ayacuchensis; cutaneous leishmaniasis; cytochrome b; cytochrome-c oxidase; genetic variation; haplotypes; mitochondria; nucleotide sequences; phylogeny; population dynamics; Andes region; Ecuador; Peru
- ... Haplotype and gene network analyses were performed on mitochondrial cytochrome oxidase I and cytochrome b gene sequences of Lutzomyia (Lu.) ayacuchensis populations from Andean areas of Ecuador and southern Peru where the sand fly species transmit Leishmania (Leishmania) mexicana and Leishmania (Viannia) peruviana, respectively, and populations from the northern Peruvian Andes, for which transmiss ...
- Gomez, Eduardo A., et al. Show all 10 Authors
- Acta tropica 2015 v.146 pp. 119-126
- Leishmania braziliensis; cutaneous leishmaniasis; disease control; insecticides; planning; spraying; wet season; Amazonia; Ecuador
- ... An analysis of reported cases of cutaneous leishmaniasis (CL) was performed using the data registered in the southern Ecuadorian Amazon region during 27 years from 1986 to 2012. The cases/subjects with both the suspected CL lesions and the amastigote-positive results were recruited for the analysis. The yearly occurrence of cases showed a markedly higher number during the six years, 1988 and 1993. ...