Jump to Main Content
- Sowemimo, Oluyomi A.; Lee, Yueh-Lun; Asaolu, Samuel O.; Chuang, Ting-Wu; Akinwale, Olaoluwa P.; Badejoko, Bolaji O.; Gyang, Vincent P.; Nwafor, Timothy; Henry, Emmanuel; Fan, Chia-Kwung
- Acta tropica 2017 v.173 pp. 85-89
- larva migrans, etc ; Toxocara canis; Western blotting; antibodies; antigens; blood sampling; confidence interval; cross-sectional studies; dogs; females; health education; humans; hygiene; immunoglobulin G; males; molecular weight; nervous system diseases; odds ratio; parents; preschool children; questionnaires; regression analysis; religion; risk factors; serological surveys; seroprevalence; toxocariasis; Nigeria; Show all 28 Subjects
- ... Human toxocariasis is caused by the nematode, Toxocara canis and it is a poorly understood phenomenon in Nigeria. Seroepidemiological studies have not been previously carried out among the preschool aged children in Nigeria. A cross-sectional study was conducted in pre-school children in four communities from Osun State, Nigeria between January and July 2016. A total of 308 children Aged 9 months ...
- Regis, Sabynne Christina Silva; Mendonça, Lívia Ribeiro; Silva, Nairléia dos Santos; Dattoli, Vitor Camilo Cavalcante; Alcântara-Neves, Neuza Maria; Barrouin-Melo, Stella Maria
- Acta tropica 2011 v.120 no.1-2 pp. 46-51
- larva migrans, etc ; Toxocara canis; adults; animal husbandry; antibodies; antigens; blood serum; dogs; eggs; enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay; epidemiological studies; food intake; humans; immunoglobulin G; infectious diseases; larvae; leftover foods; parasites; placenta; poverty; pregnancy; progeny; questionnaires; risk factors; seroprevalence; toxocariasis; vaccination; Brazil; Show all 28 Subjects
- ... Toxocara canis is a highly prevalent worldwide canine nematode responsible for enzootic and zoonotic infections. It is considered to be one of the main agents of human visceral and ocular larva migrans. False negative diagnosis may occur because adult infected dogs with “dormant” larvae may have negative fecal test results since they usually do not shed parasite eggs in their stools. During pregna ...