Jump to Main Content
- Owusu-Dabo, Ellis, et al. Show all 17 Authors
- Acta tropica 2019 v.190 pp. 293-295
- EDTA (chelating agent); Salmonella enterica subsp. enterica; automation; bacteria; binding properties; blood; blood flow; blood sampling; loop-mediated isothermal amplification; oligodeoxyribonucleotides; quantitative polymerase chain reaction; tropics; typhoid fever
- ... Typhoid fever, caused by the bacterium Salmonella enterica subsp. enterica serovar Typhi, is an important cause of blood stream infections in the tropics, for which easy-to-apply molecular diagnostic approaches are desirable. The diagnostic performance of a newly introduced and a previously described loop-mediated isothermal amplification (LAMP) approach using different primer sets on a Genie II M ...
- Owusu-Dabo, Ellis, et al. Show all 9 Authors
- Acta tropica 2017 v.169 pp. 51-56
- brain damage; diagnostic techniques; disease outbreaks; health services; herd immunity; meningitis; mortality; stakeholders; vaccination; Ghana
- ... Bacterial meningitis continues to be one of the most dreaded infections in sub-Saharan Africa and other countries that fall in the “meningitis belt” due to recurrent nature of the infection and the sequel of deliberating effects among survivors even after treatment. Ghana has had recurrent epidemics in the past but has been free from high mortality levels. Whereas reasons for the low reported numb ...