Jump to Main Content
- Roatt, Bruno Mendes, et al. Show all 11 Authors
- Acta tropica 2016 v.158 pp. 220-230
- CD4-positive T-lymphocytes; Leishmania braziliensis; Leishmania infantum; Leishmania major; adjuvants; antibodies; antigens; cost effectiveness; cross immunity; granulocyte-macrophage colony-stimulating factor; immune response; immunoglobulin G; interferon-gamma; interleukin-10; interleukin-12; interleukin-4; leishmaniasis; liver; lymph nodes; mice; parasites; promastigotes; saponins; secretion; spleen; vaccination; vaccines
- ... Vaccination can be considered the most cost-effective strategy to control neglected diseases, but nowadays there is not an effective vaccine available against leishmaniasis. In the present study, a vaccine based on the combination of the Leishmania-specific hypothetical protein (LiHyD) with saponin was tested in BALB/c mice against infection caused by Leishmania major and Leishmania braziliensis s ...
- Roatt, Bruno Mendes, et al. Show all 12 Authors
- Acta tropica 2016 v.154 pp. 73-81
- CD4-positive T-lymphocytes; CD8-positive T-lymphocytes; Leishmania infantum; adjuvants; antibodies; antigens; bone marrow; granulocyte-macrophage colony-stimulating factor; immunogenicity; immunoglobulin G; interferon-gamma; interleukin-10; interleukin-12; interleukin-4; liver; lymph nodes; mice; parasites; promastigotes; recombinant proteins; saponins; spleen; splenocytes; vaccines; visceral leishmaniasis
- ... The present study aimed to evaluate a new Leishmania-specific hypothetical protein, LiHyT, as a vaccine candidate against VL. The immunogenicity of the recombinant protein (rLiHyT) plus saponin was evaluated in BALB/c mice. In the results, it is shown that rLiHyT plus saponin vaccinated mice produced high levels of IFN-γ, IL-12, and GM-CSF after in vitro stimulation of spleen cells using both rLiH ...