Jump to Main Content
- Soares, Manoel do Carmo Pereira, et al. Show all 12 Authors
- Acta tropica 2015 v.152 pp. 56-59
- Hepatitis C virus; Hepatitis GB virus B; blood serum; cities; genomics; horses; human population; humans; phylogeny; reverse transcriptase polymerase chain reaction; viruses; Brazil
- ... The human Pegivirus (HPgV, also known as GBV-C virus or hepatitis G virus) is a lymphotropic RNA-virus phylogenetically related to the Hepatitis C virus, which infects approximately 5% of the world’s human population. Recently, two novel, presumably hepatotropic, pegiviruses, designated as equine Pegivirus (EPgV) and Theiler’s Disease Associated Virus (TDAV), were discovered in horses with clinica ...
- Soares, Manoel do Carmo Pereira, et al. Show all 10 Authors
- Acta tropica 2013 v.125 no.1 pp. 110-114
- Echinococcus; echinococcosis; humans; larvae; liver; morphometry; tropics
- ... Since humans rarely play the role as Echinococcus oligarthrus host, there is lack of knowledge about the complex infectious process. Only three cases have been reported to occur in humans in the neotropics until now. We present the anatomo-clinical and molecular findings describing a new case of infection by E. oligarthrus in a man. The muscular or subcutaneous tissues tropism described for this s ...