Jump to Main Content
- Ravnik Verbič, Urška; Plavec, Tanja; Zdovc, Irena; Juntes, Polona; Nemec, Ana
- Acta veterinaria 2017 v.67 no.2 pp. 292-298
- Golden Retriever; Pasteurella multocida; Staphylococcus pseudintermedius; Streptococcus canis; anorexia; bacterial infections; bronchopneumonia; case studies; dogs; euthanasia; fever; fistula; histopathology; inflammation; males; nasal cavity; patients; tongue
- ... The term oronasal fistula refers to an acquired communication between the oral and nasal cavities, and can result from several conditions. However, oronasal fistula formation has not yet been described to be associated with bacterial infections. We have described in this case report for the first time a rapidly forming oronasal fistula and severe lingual lesions in a dog, involving an infection wi ...
- Kovačić, Marijana; Marković, Dragana; Maslovarić, Irina; Obrenović, Sonja; Grujić-Milanović, Jelica; Arsić, Aleksandra; Milanović, Zorana; Savić, Olivera; Fratrić, Natalija; Ilić, Vesna
- Acta veterinaria 2017 v.67 no.2 pp. 201-221
- Pasteurella multocida; acute phase proteins; agar gel electrophoresis; antigen-antibody complex; biomarkers; bronchopneumonia; calves; clinical examination; erythrocytes; gels; high density lipoprotein cholesterol; immunoglobulin G; inflammation; leukocyte count; low density lipoprotein cholesterol; metalloproteinases; nose; polyacrylamide gel electrophoresis; spectroscopy; therapeutics; thin layer chromatography; transferrin
- ... Calf bronchopneumonia is complex multifactorial disease and for its accurate diagnosis and therapy, besides clinical examination, microbiologic, hematologic and biochemical analyses could be necessary. In general, additional analyses are not implemented, mainly because the disease biomarkers are not defined.To establish which analysis might be useful for determining the severity of the disease, we ...