Jump to Main Content
- Stević, Nataša; Mišić, Dušan; Bogunović, Danica; Matović, Kazimir; Valčić, Miroslav; Milovanović, Milovan; Radojičić, Sonja
- Acta veterinaria 2017 v.67 no.4 pp. 551-561
- Brucella melitensis biovar Canis; agglutination; agglutination tests; antibodies; blood sampling; brucellosis; dog diseases; dogs; polymerase chain reaction; tissues
- ... The goal of this study was to compare the results of serological and conventional bacteriological methods with the results obtained using multiplex PCR Bruce-ladder assay. Based on the obtained results, the usability of the assay was assessed in regard to rapid diagnosis of canine brucellosis directly from the samples of reproductive organs of infected dogs. Out of 225 blood samples, 33 (14.67%) h ...
- Mylonakis, Mathios E.; Theodorou, Konstantina N.
- Acta veterinaria 2017 v.67 no.3 pp. 299-317
- Ehrlichia canis; bacteria; dog diseases; dogs; ehrlichiosis; hemorrhage; lymphocytes; macrophages; monocytes; mortality; pathogenesis; septicemia
- ... Canine monocytic ehrlichiosis (CME) is a tick-borne disease of worldwide distribution. The major causative agent is Ehrlichia canis, a gram-negative, obligate intracellular, pleomorphic bacterium of the genus Ehrlichia, which infects monocytes, macrophages and lymphocytes, forming intracytoplasmic, membrane-bound bacterial aggregates, called morulae. After an incubation period of 8-20 days, the co ...