Jump to Main Content
- Popović, Nataša; Pajović, B. Snežana; Stojiljković, Vesna; Todorović, Ana; Pejić, Snežana; Pavlović, Ivan; Gavrilović, Ljubica
- Acta veterinaria 2017 v.67 no.4 pp. 540-550
- Western blotting; antioxidant activity; antioxidants; catalase; copper; enzyme activity; hippocampus; messenger RNA; quantitative polymerase chain reaction; rats; reverse transcriptase polymerase chain reaction; superoxide dismutase; zinc
- ... This study examined the effects of chronic restraint stress (CRS: 2 hours × 14 days) on gene expression of three antioxidant enzymes, copper, zinc superoxide dismutase (SOD 1), manganese superoxide dismutase (SOD 2) and catalase (CAT) in the rat hippocampus. Also, we examined changes in the activities of SOD 1, SOD 2 and CAT in the hippocampus of chronically stressed rats. Investigated parameters ...
- Stojanović, Marija; Šćepanović, Ljiljana; Mitrović, Dušan; Šćepanović, Vuk; Šćepanović, Radomir; Djuric, Marko; Ilić, Slobodan; Šćepanović, Teja; Djuric, Dragan
- Acta veterinaria 2017 v.67 no.2 pp. 254-270
- antioxidants; catalase; cholinergic receptors; digestive system diseases; duodenum; glutathione peroxidase; homocysteine; humans; males; nitric oxide; oxidative stress; potassium channels; rats; smooth muscle; superoxide dismutase; thiobarbituric acid-reactive substances
- ... Recent studies have confirmed that hyperhomocysteinemia is associated with gastrointestinal diseases; however, the direct effect of homocysteine on gastrointestinal reactivity still remains unknown. The aim of this study was to demonstrate how homocysteine may affect nitric oxide mediated duodenal relaxation and whether cholinergic receptors and K⁺ channels take part in stimulating motility, as we ...