Jump to Main Content
- Tóth, Tamás; Abonyi-Tóth, Zsolt; Pajor, Ferenc; Kocsis, Róbert; Juhász, Alexandra; Tőzsér, János; Póti, Péter
- Acta veterinaria Hungarica 2019 v.67 no.3 pp. 456-462
- Holstein; dairy cows; mastitis; pregnancy; risk; udders; ultrasonics
- ... The length of the streak canal and the area of the teat end were studied by ultrasound during the dry period in 40 Holstein-Friesian cows. In the first week, the values of these teat parameters decreased significantly (P < 0.05) and this did not change significantly until the middle of the dry period. In the last month of gestation, the length of the streak canal was significantly reduced (P < 0.0 ...
- Paiano, Renan B.; Lahr, Fábio C.; Silva, Lucas S. B.; Marques, Diego S.; Ferreira, Catia A.; Birgel, Daniela B.; Bisinotto, Rafael S.; Birgel Junior, Eduardo H.
- Acta veterinaria Hungarica 2019 v.67 no.3 pp. 377-384
- 3-hydroxybutyric acid; Holstein; albumins; anemia; bilirubin; blood platelet count; blood sampling; blood serum; calcium; cholesterol; dairy cows; dairy herds; energy balance; erythrocyte count; erythrocytes; fibrinogen; free fatty acids; globulins; hematocrit; hemoglobin; leukocytes; milk production; postpartum period; Brazil
- ... The main aim of the current study was to assess the prevalence of anaemia in Holstein dairy cows during the puerperium, and the haematological and biochemical profile of dairy cows with and without anaemia. The study was conducted in seven dairy herds in São Paulo State, Brazil. The evaluated sample comprised a total of 336 Holstein cows. Blood samples were collected at postpartum day 25 ± 3. Haem ...