Jump to Main Content
- Szekeres, Sándor; Juhász, Alexandra; Kondor, Milán; Takács, Nóra; Sugár, László; Hornok, Sándor
- Acta veterinaria Hungarica 2019 v.67 no.3 pp. 401-406
- Anas platyrhynchos; Protozoa; Sarcocystis; Vulpes vulpes; bird banding; birds; emerging diseases; feces; hosts; sarcocystosis; Eastern European region; Hungary; Northern European region; United Kingdom
- ... Reports of Sarcocystis rileyi-like protozoa (‘rice breast disease’) from anseriform birds had been rare in Europe until the last two decades, when S. rileyi was identified in northern Europe and the UK. However, despite the economic losses resulting from S. rileyi infection, no recent accounts are available on its presence (which can be suspected) in most parts of central, western, southern and ea ...
- Kiszely, Sára; Gyurkovszky, Mónika; Solymosi, Norbert; Farkas, Róbert
- Acta veterinaria Hungarica 2019 v.67 no.3 pp. 407-417
- Aelurostrongylus; Oslerus; aelurostrongylosis; autumn; cats; eggs; feces; instars; larvae; lungworms; respiratory tract diseases; signs and symptoms (animals and humans); surveys; Hungary
- ... From 61 settlements of 12 Hungarian counties, 303 domestic cats were included in this survey. Between autumn 2016 and spring 2018, fresh faecal samples were randomly collected and examined by flotation and by the Baermann–Wetzel method for the presence of lungworm infection. No eggs of Eucoleus aerophilus were detected. Morphological identification of first instar larvae (L1) was also carried out. ...