Jump to Main Content
- Revajová, Viera; Levkut, Mikuláš; Levkutová, Mária; Bořutová, Radka; Grešaková, Ľubomíra; Košiková, Božena; Leng, Ľubomír
- Acta veterinaria Hungarica 2013 v.61 no.3 pp. 354-365
- Fusarium; blood groups; blood sampling; broiler chickens; deoxynivalenol; dietary supplements; hatching; lignin; lymphocytes; zearalenone
- ... The objective of the study was to investigate the effects of lignin supplementation of a diet contaminated with the Fusarium mycotoxins deoxynivalenol (DON) and zearalenone (ZEA) on peripheral blood leukocytes and duodenal immunocompetent cells in broiler chickens. From day 1 after hatching, all chickens were fed an identical control diet for two weeks. Then chickens of Group 1 continued to ...
- Rychlik, Andrzej; Nieradka, Renata; Kander, Małgorzata; Nowicki, Marcin; Wdowiak, Michał; Kołodziejska-Sawerska, Anna
- Acta veterinaria Hungarica 2013 v.61 no.3 pp. 297-308
- blood sampling; blood serum; cAMP-dependent protein kinase; dogs; ferroxidase; globulins; histopathology; immunomodulators; inflammatory bowel disease; interleukin-10; interleukin-6; levamisole; lymphocytes; lysozyme; phagocytes; remission; therapeutics
- ... The aim of the study was to evaluate the usefulness of immunomodulators in the treatment of inflammatory bowel disease (IBD) in dogs. Twenty-eight dogs diagnosed with IBD took part in the study. The animals received a food containing extruded immunomodulators: β-1,3/1,6-D-glucan, β-hydroxy-β-methyl-butyrate (HMB) and levamisole for 42 days. Whole blood samples were analysed before and after therap ...