Jump to Main Content
- Kulcsár, G.; Soós, P.; Kucsera, L.; Glávits, R.; Pálfi, V.
- Acta veterinaria Hungarica 2001 v.49 no.1 pp. 117-120
- Bovine viral diarrhea virus; bovine viral diarrhea; cattle; histopathology; hog cholera; piglets; placenta; pregnancy; progeny; sows; virulence; viruses; Hungary; Oregon
- ... The biological properties of bovine viral diarrhoea virus (BVDV) strain Oregon C24V were studied after intranasal and subcutaneous infection of pregnant sows. This virus strain is widely used in Hungary for immunising cattle against bovine viral diarrhoea (BVD). Based upon the results of the clinical, gross pathological, histopathological and virological examinations it can be established that the ...
- Horváth, G.; Visnyei, L.
- Acta veterinaria Hungarica 2001 v.49 no.1 pp. 1-10
- European Union; animal welfare; farms; laws and regulations; microclimate; questionnaires; swine; Hungary
- ... A questionnaire study was performed involving 76 farms with a total of 380,207 pigs to assess the welfare of pigs kept in Hungary based on the animal welfare legislation of the European Union. Most significant deficiencies were found in the fulfilment of the provisions relating to space requirements, the stall microclimate and the behavioural needs of the animals. ...