Jump to Main Content
- Izadpanah, R.; Dán, Á.; Benkő, Mária; Rusvai, M.; Fodor, L.; Harrach, B.
- Acta veterinaria Hungarica 2001 v.49 no.1 pp. 11-16
- Haemophilus somnus; cattle; nose; nucleotide sequences; plasmids; respiratory tract diseases; sequence analysis
- ... One of the plasmids present in a Haemophilus somnus strain isolated from nasal discharge of a cattle with respiratory disease was purified and cloned for DNA sequencing. The plasmid was found to be 1065 base pairs long with 39.2% G+C content, and showed no homology to any DNA sequenced so far. It has no capacity to code any protein longer than 43 residues. It is not clear yet if this plasmid codes ...
- Kulcsár, G.; Soós, P.; Kucsera, L.; Glávits, R.; Pálfi, V.
- Acta veterinaria Hungarica 2001 v.49 no.1 pp. 117-120
- Bovine viral diarrhea virus; bovine viral diarrhea; cattle; histopathology; hog cholera; piglets; placenta; pregnancy; progeny; sows; virulence; viruses; Hungary; Oregon
- ... The biological properties of bovine viral diarrhoea virus (BVDV) strain Oregon C24V were studied after intranasal and subcutaneous infection of pregnant sows. This virus strain is widely used in Hungary for immunising cattle against bovine viral diarrhoea (BVD). Based upon the results of the clinical, gross pathological, histopathological and virological examinations it can be established that the ...