Jump to Main Content
- Nikolić, Judith Anna; Nedić, Olgica; Šamanc, H.; Aleksić, S.; Miščević, B.; Kulcsár, Margit
- Acta veterinaria Hungarica 2001 v.49 no.1 pp. 53-63
- Holstein; autoradiography; beef; beef bulls; blood sampling; blood serum; cows; dairy calves; gel chromatography; heifers; insulin-like growth factor I; insulin-like growth factor II; insulin-like growth factor binding proteins; radioimmunoassays
- ... Interrelationships between circulating concentrations of the insulin-like growth factors (IGF-I and IGF-II) were investigated in 235 blood samples taken from 145 healthy beef or dairy calves, bulls and cows of different breeds and ages. Autoradiography of Western ligand blots indicated different IGF binding protein (IGFBP) profiles between sera from different categories of cattle. Each IGF radioim ...
- Bodó, S.; Baranyai, B.; Gócza, Elen; Dohy, J.; Markkula, Merja
- Acta veterinaria Hungarica 2001 v.49 no.1 pp. 99-109
- bulls; cattle breeding; cows; embryo transfer; marker-assisted selection; ovulation; trade; transgenes
- ... Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (PGD) is reviewed and novel fields where it may be applied are investigated. Technical advances of PGD in cattle embryos have already enabled its integration as a part of the MOET (Multiple Ovulation Embryo Transfer) breeding system. PGD for well-defined selection targets can enhance cattle breeding and embryo trade. It allows embryo selection according to their s ...