Jump to Main Content
- Magyar, T., et al. Show all 3 Authors
- Acta veterinaria Hungarica 2005 v.53 no.3 pp. 287-298
- atrophy; average daily gain; birth weight; farms; finishing; growth performance; herds; nose; pneumonia; rhinitis; slaughter; swine; weaning; weight gain; Hungary
- ... The influence of atrophic rhinitis (AR) and pneumonia on growth performance was assessed in a conventional farrow-to-finish pig farm affected by both diseases. All tested pigs (n = 138) were individually weighed at birth, at weaning, at moving to the growing/finishing unit, and at slaughtering. The extent (grade) of turbinate atrophy and lung consolidation attributable to pneumonia was determined ...
- Magyar, T., et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Acta veterinaria Hungarica 2000 v.48 no.4 pp. 397-406
- Bordetella bronchiseptica; antibiotic resistance; atrophy; intravenous injection; lungs; mice; mutants; pneumonia; structural genes; toxicity; virulence
- ... The effect of dermonecrotic toxin (DNT) expression of Bordetella bronchiseptica was studied in mice by comparing the pathology induced by a wild type strain with that induced by an isogenic DNT- strain in which part of the structural gene has been replaced by an antibiotic resistance cassette. While extracts of strain B58 proved toxic in intravenously inoculated mice, similar extracts from strain ...